FindMatchingFiles (bug workaround AppManifest.xml)

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Hi,

I have some builds running with your build process template. It contains the fix "FindMatchingFiles" for the AppManifest.xml read-only attribute. Now I downloaded the latest version from your template, but it looks like this part is missing? (as my builds are failing on the AppManifest.xml file). On my Build Server, I've updated my Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 to RTW..

Any reason why it doesn't work?

Thanks!
Developer
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Hi,

The read-only work around for AppManifest.xml is removed on purpose in the new release because the issue should have been fixed in the ToolsRTW release.

Can you paste the error message and diagnose log from MSbuild so we can take a look?

Also you can try to add them back from the old version of the build definition.

Thanks
Yanchen
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Hi,

You can find the logfile here: http://sdrv.ms/YmwTnb

Thanks, I indeed added the activity from the old version back in.

/Alexander
Developer
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Hi Alexander,

From the build log, I see the following error:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\SharePointTools__Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Apps.Common.targets__(178,5): error : Access to the path 'C:\Builds\10\MyPersonalProjects\test\src\SP2013\BuildApp\BuildApp\pkgobj\Debug\AppManifest.xml' is denied. [C:\Builds\10\MyPersonalProjects\test\src\SP2013\BuildApp\BuildApp\BuildApp.csproj]

But this target file "Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Apps.Common.targets" is already renamed to "Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.Apps.targets" in ToolsRTW release.

Can you check if the Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 ToolsRTW is installed correctly?

Thanks
Yanchen